What is Kids For Wish Kids®?
Kids For Wish Kids is a program for kids who, in their own special way, help other kids who have life-threatening medical conditions. It is uniquely designed for K-12 school students, student organizations and other youth groups such as scout troops, vacation bible schools and day care centers.
Children and students of all ages create ideas for fund raisers and manage the projects with little or no help from their teachers, leaders or supervisors. Along the way, children experience the joy of giving, develop school spirit, learn lots of skills, and work together toward a common goal while making a wish come true.
How to Start Kids For Wish Kids in Your School or Organization
If you would like to start a Kids For Wish Kids project in your school or with your organization, we would be happy to help. Here are some tips to get started:
- Invite a Make-A-Wish representative to give a presentation at your school. We have speakers and informational videos that explain our mission. Once students find out about the Make-A-Wish Foundation, they are usually eager to become involved.
- Designate a Make-A-Wish committee or one person to be in charge. This is an important step. An organized, enthusiastic group or chairperson will keep the project on track. If you are planning to do several fundraisers over a period of time, consider having different students be in charge of each project. This is a great way to keep everyone involved and on track toward your fundraising goal. A paper thermometer is a great method to use. It's also a great motivator for everyone to see how you're progressing toward your goal.
- Challenge other homerooms, classes or schools. This is a great way to get more students involved in your fundraiser. The more students involved, the more fun it can be and the more successful your fundraiser will be.
Attention all Teachers
Make-A-Wish is seeking bilingual volunteers who are fluent in Spanish to assist us in granting wishes to children in the Latin community.
To learn more about how you can help, please call us at 631-585-9474 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids For Wish Kids Project Ideas
Here are some fun and successful ideas that other schools have used.
- Have a Dance Marathon.
- Have a Teacher Dress Down Day.
- Have a Make-A-Wish Fun Run.
- Have a Movie Night at School
- Have a Hat Day.
- Have a Penny War
- Sell Make-A-Wish Cut-Outs.
- Sell Make-A-Wish Awareness Wristbands
- Have a Read-A-Thon.
- Have a Bowl-A-Thon.
You can try one of these project ideas or plan a Kids For Wish Kids project of your own. If you have any ideas that worked for your school or organization, please let us know, and we'll pass them on.
For more ideas, contact Alexis Alpert at 631-585-WISH or email@example.com
Request the Kids For Wish Kids Activity Form.